*Jay-walking
Yesterday became history as one of the longest date I had in my life.
*Jay, a colleague based in another 4-hours-drive-away town came down to KL for a visit, and to get a few things done – as he termed it. I’ve bordered on an 8 months crush on Jay and by far, our only means of keeping in touch with each other has been either by phone or the now-blocked Yahoo Messenger *darn!* in the office.
Jay is the epitome of the ‘perfect’ guy, so far as my version goes – tall, passable though not overtly good-looking, intelligent, and witty. He is the one guy - after what seems like eons - that I can really have a conversation with and never (well, at least by far) ran out of things to say. This of course, is an important criterion in my ever increasingly articulate and verbal life / line of profession. I longed for someone I can talk to wits end, to argue non-sensically, and to challenge my mind to greater heights.
Of course, our nicely-synced wavelengths and similar likings for all the good things in life is like sugary icing to an already delicious cake. ;)
And so it was, my longest date in history started out rather simple.
Jay picked me up at Central Station and we drove to the city’s ‘golden-triangle’, in what was supposed in the quest for PDA gadgets. Oh, did I mention that both of us were techie freaks? Heh. It was the very thing that got me to notice him the first time we met. Back then, he gave me the impression of a ‘pompous, vain, self-centered prick’ who endlessly flashed his brand-new-top-of-the-range O2 mini PDA in an attempt to make an impression. Being half a grandiose bitch who would not be easily intimidated, I started flashing my toy too, and that, suffice to say, sparked our very first conversation. Huh. Talk about clash of the titans.
Anyway, back to this longest date in history.
Our techie hunt brought us to lunch at Starbucks, where over turkey ham sandwich, kiwi juice, coffee and glazed strawberry cheese cake slice *yumm!* we discussed and gave updates on each other’s work *eyes rolled*. With our palettes now full and our bodies and minds energized, we set forth to scale the 4 floors labyrinth of technology haven. After 2 hours of being a little too overwhelmed and having too much of a good thing with technology, he suggested for cendol and some old-fashioned shopping instead at the shop next door.
And again, over cendol we talked. Of life. Of childhood. Of dreams. It’s funny how talking with him made me feel so liberated. It’s a feeling I’ve sorely missed.
And then we window-shopped. Any boy, did we really window-shopped! From handbags to perfumes, shoes to neckties, fedora hats to fishing jackets, mango-scented soaps to aussino wool blankets, plasma tvs to diamond stud earrings – we must have gone into every possible shops in the shopping complex! And as we browsed through the gents’ department and helped picked out his tie and pants and cufflinks, I can’t help but noticing strangers darting glances that seems to say “owhhh.... how sweet!”. I felt like a millionairess. And he helped carried all the shopping bags. Definite bonus point!
Another round of drinks at Dome while lazing around and watching people go by. We joked and laughed. And joked and laughed again. And made comments. And shared. I never wanted it to end. I could live like this forever....
Somewhere between Low Yatt Plaza and Lot 10, I think I fell in love.
And so it was, my longest date in history started out rather simple.
Jay picked me up at Central Station and we drove to the city’s ‘golden-triangle’, in what was supposed in the quest for PDA gadgets. Oh, did I mention that both of us were techie freaks? Heh. It was the very thing that got me to notice him the first time we met. Back then, he gave me the impression of a ‘pompous, vain, self-centered prick’ who endlessly flashed his brand-new-top-of-the-range O2 mini PDA in an attempt to make an impression. Being half a grandiose bitch who would not be easily intimidated, I started flashing my toy too, and that, suffice to say, sparked our very first conversation. Huh. Talk about clash of the titans.
Anyway, back to this longest date in history.
Our techie hunt brought us to lunch at Starbucks, where over turkey ham sandwich, kiwi juice, coffee and glazed strawberry cheese cake slice *yumm!* we discussed and gave updates on each other’s work *eyes rolled*. With our palettes now full and our bodies and minds energized, we set forth to scale the 4 floors labyrinth of technology haven. After 2 hours of being a little too overwhelmed and having too much of a good thing with technology, he suggested for cendol and some old-fashioned shopping instead at the shop next door.
And again, over cendol we talked. Of life. Of childhood. Of dreams. It’s funny how talking with him made me feel so liberated. It’s a feeling I’ve sorely missed.
And then we window-shopped. Any boy, did we really window-shopped! From handbags to perfumes, shoes to neckties, fedora hats to fishing jackets, mango-scented soaps to aussino wool blankets, plasma tvs to diamond stud earrings – we must have gone into every possible shops in the shopping complex! And as we browsed through the gents’ department and helped picked out his tie and pants and cufflinks, I can’t help but noticing strangers darting glances that seems to say “owhhh.... how sweet!”. I felt like a millionairess. And he helped carried all the shopping bags. Definite bonus point!
Another round of drinks at Dome while lazing around and watching people go by. We joked and laughed. And joked and laughed again. And made comments. And shared. I never wanted it to end. I could live like this forever....
Somewhere between Low Yatt Plaza and Lot 10, I think I fell in love.
*Jay’s true identity would have to be protected as he is a very important person with many important contacts.

1 Comments:
Nice Jay-walkin' girl...
hope you don't get caught by any police... hihihihi...
ohh.. on another note, no wonder you're not online nowadays... sigh... miss lepakkin' with you online laa...
Post a Comment
<< Home